Planning on EP 16 - shuttle buses/off-site lodging

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
spiggah

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Throwing myself at the mercy of the board here.

Last went to Electric Picnic in 2006 and had an absolute blast. Planning a return with a group of friends for 2016 and had a couple quick questions as we prepare to purchase our tickets.

From everything I see on the site from this year, it looks like there's not really a solid transportation option for off-site lodging. I see a shuttle that runs to and from Dublin, but it looks like that doesn't start bringing people back until the second day. Is this correct, or am I overlooking something? At this point, we're debating on either getting a campervan ticket and renting one or renting a car and staying in a hotel. But if there was a solid shuttle option, we might consider that as it would allow more flexibility if one or more of our crew wanted to leave earlier than the rest of us.

How does the loyalty program work exactly? I mean, I see that for last year there was an email address you'd send in requesting a code. But what do they require as "proof of past attendance" (I still have my receipt in my email from ticketmaster, as well as my wristband and other assorted mementos from the last time) and is it possible there's a limit on how recent that past attendance was? (I could understand if someone said "once every ten years is not exactly 'loyal'". Although the hope is that we will be replacing our annual Coachella trip with Electric Picnic going forward...)

spiggah

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Strike the last question... I think I found all the info I needed on the loyalty discount.

Though I am still curious if there's any recommendations on shuttle options.

Dick Jones

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:23 am

If you're staying in a hotel or B&B I'd have thought taxis would be your best option rather than the rigmarole of renting a car.

spiggah

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Given that I don't really know the area that well.... I really was not sure if that was a valid option. Either by virtue of availability or just that taxis can be kind of a clusterfuck at a larger event such as this. (Granted, it can't be nearly as bad as Coachella is)