Work Pet Hates

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Eucrid

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:People who repeatedly complain about work colleagues... Liked they're the smartest people in the room and the office would fall over if it wasn't for them.

It's the grown up equivalent of the fucking school yard.

It's fucking tedious.

There... I said it. You know who you are.
:lol: :thumbs:

Phierstarter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Amazon Web Services' restrictions and a boss who wants important architectural decisions made quickly.

Lumbo

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Phierstarter wrote:Amazon Web Services' restrictions and a boss who wants important architectural decisions made quickly.
Es ist mir egal, wenn die techo wurde hämmern. Ich muss meine Website jetzt betriebs Sie irischen Schweinehund.

Phierstarter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:People who repeatedly complain about work colleagues... Liked they're the smartest people in the room and the office would fall over if it wasn't for them.

It's fucking tedious.

Yeah, usually their complaints are are about small things too.
I mean there's one guy here who doesn't listen and can only relate to a conversation topic in terms of something about himself.
This is an understatement, but he's grand like, means no harm. Nothing to get worked up about.

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Phierstarter wrote:

It's fucking tedious.

Yeah, usually their complaints are are about small things too.
I mean there's one guy here who doesn't listen and can only relate to a conversation topic in terms of something about himself.
This is an understatement, but he's grand like, means no harm. Nothing to get worked up about.
Unless this is some new form of satire you've lost me yet again phier.

There's no segue to sentence 2 from sentence 1.

Phierstarter

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Sure there is. This guy would be a constant form of frustration to some people here from the sounds of things, but i only mention him to make the point that i haven't mentioned him.

ishouldcoco

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:41 pm

I like turtles.

LordPercy

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 pm

I usually like shivos work rants, never took from it that he thinks he's the smartest in the room more so that he just works with idiots.

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:48 pm

LordPercy wrote:.... never took from it that he thinks he's the smartest in the room more so that he just works with idiots.
:lol:
Is this the greatest put down of all time?

LordPercy

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
LordPercy wrote:.... never took from it that he thinks he's the smartest in the room more so that he just works with idiots.
:lol:
Is this the greatest put down of all time?
Not intended that way anyway.

I know from my own place that technically speaking there are people who would be a lot more knowledgeable than me but I also work with some people that as far as I'm concerned shouldn't be let near a lab as they appear to not have a knowledge of basic microbiology. From Shivo's rants it seems that he works with some people who can't do what should be simple enough jobs without fucking up. I know we're only getting his side of it but he seems like a nice enough chap so I choose to believe him

shivo

Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:06 pm

I'd like the record to show that a monkey could do my job.
Most of my complaints aren't focusing on people being idiots, just complete cunts.

Zook

Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Most people are cunts so I believe him too

thedark
Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Lola wrote:Office speak. 'Close of play'. 'Workshops'. 'Thought showers'.

I hate it all
Are thought showers really a thing

maradara

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:12 pm

ishouldcoco wrote: Woman with big teeth licking them repeatedly and sounding like something out of Alien.
hahaha

maradara

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:15 pm

i just hate spending time in teh lift
i don't want to make small talk, and if its too full you can't pretend you're reading your phone

Mr.K

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:03 pm

We have to do a work speed dating morning tomorrow to get to know other people in the company. Fuuuuck that.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

thedark
Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Mr.K wrote:We have to do a work speed dating morning tomorrow to get to know other people in the company. Fuuuuck that.
What a nightmare. how does that work, do you have a timed conversation with various work colleagues and then decide which ones you like and then send pictures of your knob to them on snapchat or whatever.

dwayne

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:51 pm

My last place was grand, colleague-wise, cause we'd a really small team. The company had recently been taken over by the Brits....Irish managers were largely grand, but the Brit managers started taking over and are the absolute worst. Maybe not quite as bad as the American run place in Donegal, but still a lot of bullshit business speak and horrible corporate culture.

jamjar

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Sales...

cold calling...

work speak...

work colleagues who constantly chat to u inane bullshit when you're trying to work

Mr.K

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:05 am

thedark wrote:
Mr.K wrote:We have to do a work speed dating morning tomorrow to get to know other people in the company. Fuuuuck that.
What a nightmare. how does that work, do you have a timed conversation with various work colleagues and then decide which ones you like and then send pictures of your knob to them on snapchat or whatever.
Sounds like it bar the knob pictures. Will find out in an hour and a half.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.