OVERRATED

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:14 pm

ah now you are being a bit slapdash there.

they're nothing like any of that lot. they just happened to break around the same time.

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Elbow are 1,000 times the band Coldplay are.

Have been saying for years I think they would be a great choice for a Bond theme actually, a la their Abbey Road album. They missed their window though I think.

Biggy Shackleton
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:19 pm

LordPercy wrote:Ah they're a very different band to coldplay.
Nah, i'm with K here, they are in that Coldplay bracket of bands for me... bland / inoffensive, by numbers... and One Day Like This is the painting by numbers of anthems.

They are Embrace for the noughties.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Elbow are 1,000 times the band Coldplay are.

Have been saying for years I think they would be a great choice for a Bond theme actually, a la their Abbey Road album. They missed their window though I think.
yeah they'd never get that gig now. there was a time, though.

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Elbow are one of the best bands ive ever seen live

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Elbow are a different league to Coldplay anyway

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:34 pm

And Coldplay are overrated, but i dont get it when people cant stand them?? The amount of hits they have. Top notch production. Good live. Singers and arsehole but who isnt these days

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Imagine Guy Garvey singing about Bond as his bro.

MI6 mate, in the sticks mate, you and me mate, it's never too......late....to...

KILL....

together....you and me...

Jumpers for goal posts, for the Queen, for the old ghosts....


etc.

User avatar
LordPercy
Posts: 2527
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:48 pm

You been on the schanpps Dick?

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Not since this morning.

User avatar
Mr.K
Posts: 1351
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Fuck off, get free.
Contact:

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:And Coldplay are overrated, but i dont get it when people cant stand them?? The amount of hits they have. Top notch production. Good live. Singers and arsehole but who isnt these days
Crap songs though.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

User avatar
i_ate_cats
Posts: 1563
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm

phpBB [video]

Biggy Shackleton
Posts: 2701
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Mr.K wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:And Coldplay are overrated, but i dont get it when people cant stand them?? The amount of hits they have. Top notch production. Good live. Singers and arsehole but who isnt these days
Crap songs though.
Couple of good tunes. Shiver is class.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:34 pm

elbow = dad rock

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:01 pm

yeah but they don't really 'rock', do they.

and people only say that because the band themselves are all into their 40s. they broke through quite late.

User avatar
dwayne
Posts: 3082
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:57 pm
Contact:

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:24 pm

I never really minded Elbow

Always thought they sounded like Doves

User avatar
Eucrid
Posts: 6195
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:47 pm

I wouldn't be onto Elbow really but I enjoyed them at EP that time your man was hammered.

User avatar
mooch
Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:54 pm

I like elbow, comparing them to Coldplay and travis (!?) is crazy
guy garveys voice is gorgeous

User avatar
stateofyouboy
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm

wedges

User avatar
My Name Is Mud
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: Waving my dick in the wind

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:05 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Mr.K wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:And Coldplay are overrated, but i dont get it when people cant stand them?? The amount of hits they have. Top notch production. Good live. Singers and arsehole but who isnt these days
Crap songs though.
Couple of good tunes. Shiver is class.
That first album in general. The lyrics for Yellow are fucking shite, but overall the album is brills.
Image

Post Reply