Official Gym Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Rob

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:29 pm

it's like Garth Brooks all over again

ingo

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:07 am

Biggy Shackleton wrote:Watched the MMA Hour last night. John Kavanagh was on it.

He was trying to pass off Holloway and Diaz as the no. 1 contenders in his eyes at 145, and 155.

First time i've felt like they are ducking and diving fighters. There's no way in the world Max Holloway is ahead of Aldo in anyones eyes.
They're in a great position to get whatever they want though.

Nate should come out and fight again soon. I know he said he wouldn't till he got the triology. he should cash in while his stock is high and while he's the big ticket, and before things move on.
He made himself a big draw in his own right. he doesn't really need to be waiting for McGregors blessing.
The same Max Holloway who has won 9 in a row. The same Aldo who has fought 4 times in 3 years and has looked decidedly average since the USADA testing has come in. Holloway is the legit number 1 in that division and the only person at 145 that went 3 rounds with McGregor.

enemies/friends

Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:08 pm

McGregor posting on Board 5 years ago, apparently

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2056446232#75385047

Fred__Elliott

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:14 pm

aye have seen it before. Favourite part is "winner gets the losers Tupac posters" :lol:

Dick Jones

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Something occurred to me during the week, forgot to postulate it here.

Weeks ago when it came out that Conor had this big announcement, Dana said on that podcast, it's something way out of left field, I'll let Conor announce it himself.

Now, while he and his lady having a kid is great news, fair play, it's not exactly "out of left field" is it. So can we take it that what Dana was talking about 6 weeks ago or whatever, was the thing about equity in the company? And if that's the case, it would mean it's something they already started talking about weeks ago, right?

Conor and Dana anyway, if not the company as a whole.

DRAMA.

Just a thought. Or is that really obvious?

Either way it explains his celebration the other night, looking at his watch and holding the phone up, waiting for your call.

ALSO, if he was to take shares in the company wouldn't it be difficult for him to fight without there being a conflict of interest somewhere along the way.

Again maybe ye've discussed this already during the week and I missed.

Fred__Elliott

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:26 pm

it'd be more of an incentive for him to fight if he had shares, he'd see a dividend payout and it sets him up for the rest of his life, coz he can make money after he retires. Its done in boxing, fighters starting their own promotion companies

thedark
Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Something occurred to me during the week, forgot to postulate it here.

Weeks ago when it came out that Conor had this big announcement, Dana said on that podcast, it's something way out of left field, I'll let Conor announce it himself.

Now, while he and his lady having a kid is great news, fair play, it's not exactly "out of left field" is it. So can we take it that what Dana was talking about 6 weeks ago or whatever, was the thing about equity in the company? And if that's the case, it would mean it's something they already started talking about weeks ago, right?

DRAMA.

Either way it explains his celebration the other night, looking at his watch and holding the phone up, waiting for your call.

ALSO, if he was to take shares in the company wouldn't it be difficult for him to fight without there being a conflict of interest somewhere along the way.

I could be wrong but I don't think the equity (and who taught Conor that word?) was the big announcement that Dana was talking about, I don't think that announcement came.

thedark

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:17 pm

ingo wrote:
Biggy Shackleton wrote:Watched the MMA Hour last night. John Kavanagh was on it.

He was trying to pass off Holloway and Diaz as the no. 1 contenders in his eyes at 145, and 155.

First time i've felt like they are ducking and diving fighters. There's no way in the world Max Holloway is ahead of Aldo in anyones eyes.
They're in a great position to get whatever they want though.

Nate should come out and fight again soon. I know he said he wouldn't till he got the triology. he should cash in while his stock is high and while he's the big ticket, and before things move on.
He made himself a big draw in his own right. he doesn't really need to be waiting for McGregors blessing.
The same Max Holloway who has won 9 in a row. The same Aldo who has fought 4 times in 3 years and has looked decidedly average since the USADA testing has come in. Holloway is the legit number 1 in that division and the only person at 145 that went 3 rounds with McGregor.
yeah, what shite are you talking, biggy.

Biggy Shackleton

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Holloways done fookin nothin!
He's grand, but 9 in a row against an awful lot of fodder. Zero stopping power, and mcgregor had a fucked up ACL in that fight and still won.
Can't say that prospect excites me. I reckon the Aldo rematch would be a bigger seller.
I thought Aldo looked excellent against Edgar too. Though Edgar was way off.

ingo

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:Holloways done fookin nothin!
He's grand, but 9 in a row against an awful lot of fodder. Zero stopping power, and mcgregor had a fucked up ACL in that fight and still won.
Can't say that prospect excites me. I reckon the Aldo rematch would be a bigger seller.
He's finished 6 out of 9 on the streak and he's beat the #9, #7, #6 and #5 ranked fighters in the Featherweight division. He's about to fight #4. So don't know where you're getting the no stopping power or the fact he's been up against fodder.

If he beats Pettis, he's next in line.

thedark

Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:00 pm

ingo wrote:
Biggy Shackleton wrote:Holloways done fookin nothin!
He's finished 6 out of 9 on the streak and he's beat the #9, #7, #6 and #5 ranked fighters in the Featherweight division. He's about to fight #4. So don't know where you're getting the no stopping power or the fact he's been up against fodder.

If he beats Pettis, he's next in line.
Hes right, ya know. Biggy must hate Holloway.

enemies/friends

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Great night at UFC Belfast. Best fights probably Lobov v Ishihara and Anna Elmose v Amanda Cooper.

Main event was over pretty quickly...

eventSecurity

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:18 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Something occurred to me during the week, forgot to postulate it here.

DRAMA.

Could have just been Dana generating hype again

maradara

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:08 pm

this is brutal

phpBB [video]

Fred__Elliott

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:33 am

Don Frye has just come out of a medically induced 2 and a half month coma for haemorraging on his brain

Fred__Elliott

Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:51 pm

have watched Swanson vs Superboy 3 times today, and the main card twice. Such a good fucking card. Managed to avoid spoilers this morning and sat down and watched it in peace. Best card since 199

Rusty Shackleford

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:42 am

Anyone have any good exercises for a bad back? The middle Thoracic area

LordPercy

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:04 am

It was either the doc or physio but one of the recommended these to me. When I do them it seems to stretch the lower back area more but it might just feel that way to me as it's where I get my pains

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifes ... s-20076265

Dick Jones

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 am

So joined my local gym there last week. I'd be fit enough but have never done any kind of working out before. Have a standard issue beginner's programme which I'm going to do a couple of times a week for the next while, after which the instructor said they'd set me up with something more advanced.

Looking forward to it as a new pastime as much as the health and fitness element. It's 5mins walk from my house so will be easy to be there and back in an hour or so. Place has a pool etc too, bonus.

Any tips or recommendations, fire ahead.

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Unless you're going to take up UFC Dick, i think you're in the wrong thread.