Official Gym Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
billysexcrime

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:56 am

If Ferguson allows himself to be punched that easily against McGregor it'll only end one way.

Dick Jones

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:47 am

They guess December 30th here. Khabib saying his fight with Ferguson should come first, for an interim. Fuck that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/khabib-nurmago ... --mma.html

voidoid

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

The one thing that has me believe that Conor wont fight December 30th, is that I don't think he'll be willing to be cutting weight over Christmas

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am

Finally got around to watching UFC 216 last night.
Excellent card. 3 very good fights.

Completely unbelievable finish from DJ. Its hard to imagine what it'd be like, having that much calm or presence of mind, in a situation like that to even find the time to contemplate trying it, nevermind executing.

Wouldn't fancy McGregors chances against Ferguson at all. One of my favourite fighters to watch anyway, but i think he'll give him a horrible time.
Doesn't seem like he'd be psyched by the hype in the build up either, and McGergor's aura isn't what it was after the Mayweather fight anyway.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 am

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am
Finally got around to watching UFC 216 last night.
Excellent card. 3 very good fights.

Completely unbelievable finish from DJ. Its hard to imagine what it'd be like, having that much calm or presence of mind, in a situation like that to even find the time to contemplate trying it, nevermind executing.

Wouldn't fancy McGregors chances against Ferguson at all. One of my favourite fighters to watch anyway, but i think he'll give him a horrible time.
Doesn't seem like he'd be psyched by the hype in the build up either, and McGergor's aura isn't what it was after the Mayweather fight anyway.
I wouldnt say his aura within the UFC has been too affected. All it will take is one fight where he sparks out someone like Ferguson in the first round to shut up any doubters.

If Ferguson fights in the same way he has for the last 3 or 4 fights, McGregor will pick him off easily. His chin is constantly out there when he is striking. It has the potential to be a horrible fight for McGregor if Ferguson lasts past the first 2 rounds

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm

He can eat a shot though.
Definitely wouldn't fancy McGregor if it was to go beyond the 3rd round. I think he's shown now he has no tank, despite all the talk about his training regime....playin' grab-ass with Ido.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm
He can eat a shot though.
Definitely wouldn't fancy McGregor if it was to go beyond the 3rd round. I think he's shown now he has no tank, despite all the talk about his training regime....playin' grab-ass with Ido.
He has tank issues but has show he can rally when its gone as well (Diaz 2). Every fighter Mcgregor has fought has said they can take a shot. People were referencing Alvarez always eating big shots and continuing in fights till he faced McGregor. Ferguson was very close to getting knocked out by Vannata who has nowhere near the power or ability that McGregor has.

I'm just looking forward to the fight being announced and the buildup.

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:04 pm

No love for UFC 217 here yet?

Only got to sit down to it last night myself, but Jesus what a card top to bottom.
Hard not to love Rose Namajaunas after that. Probably my favourite fight/result of the night. Delighted to see Joanna put on her arse finally.

bartleby

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Think thats the first time ive ever seen a tap out to punches.

stateofyouboy

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm

just watched the TJ fight and the womans fight there, good craic, any others worth looking for?

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:58 pm

bartleby wrote:
She's since said she wasn't tapping out. Didn't offer an explanation, just to say that she doesn't know what it was that everything happened so quickly.
Looked an awful lot like a tap out to me.

Biggy Shackleton

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:00 pm

stateofyouboy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm
just watched the TJ fight and the womans fight there, good craic, any others worth looking for?
The full card. It's one of the best events i can think of that i've seen, in terms of overall quality of each of the fights.

stateofyouboy

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:00 pm

she was wobbling all over the shop when she got up

bartleby

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:58 pm
bartleby wrote:
She's since said she wasn't tapping out. Didn't offer an explanation, just to say that she doesn't know what it was that everything happened so quickly.
Looked an awful lot like a tap out to me.
No doubt it was a tap out. She just paniced. Got completely overwhelmed and then hadnt a fucking clue how to respond.

voidoid

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 am

It was a TKO because the referee actually tapped the winning fighter first. Losing fighter definitely tapped straight after though, utterly overwhelmed.
Fractions of a second difference between the TKO and a "Submission from strikes"
People who get hit hard in the head don't typically give the best accounts of what happened.
Was a hell of a card, 3 title fights and 3 new champions. Rose which was the result of the night for me. TJ coming back for a win after nearly being finished, GSP allowing Bisping up and into a great back take. Hendricks getting fed to a young Brazilian stud.
Some great fights on the prelims too. Stand outs being.

Joseph Duffy vs James Vick
Corey Anderson vs Ovince Saint Preux
Ricardo Ramos vs Aiemann Zahabi

stateofyouboy

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 am

watched through them there.Would it be safe to say its not going too well for duffy? great finishes in those fights

Fred__Elliott

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 am

McGregor apparently thumped the head off some oul fella whos associated with the Kinahans in the black forge in Crumlin last night. Out of his head. Clown

Fred__Elliott

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 am

or rather tried to thump the head off some young fella and the oul lad got a slap. But the oul lad is the dad of some notorious hitman in Crumlin. He knocked the shite out of a few lads a few weeks ago as well apparently. All because they're dealers and they sent some lads up to his mates house to knock him about. His mate is also a dealer though. Why would you feel the need to get involved if your McGregor? Fucking muppet

Dick Jones

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 am

How is none of this in the papers, The Star or whatever would be all over it no. Is there a big omerta vibe because of the gangs or something.

The fuck is he playing at. He's going to blow it all isn't he.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:53 am

Its up on the Independent but he isnt named

The Guards haven't had any complaints either.

He could be fucked anyway even if the guards aren't involved, he punched Martin "The Wig" Whelan's dad, apparently he is a complete nutjob