Do you like your job??

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Rob

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 am

how worried are you the useful girl in your team will leave altogether, nevermind the Mat Leave?

Are the useless people on your team just shit in general, or shit compared to her? Like if she left, would you imagine her replacement would probably still be better than them?

Would she slot into your role should you leave?

shivo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am

(double post)
Last edited by shivo on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

shivo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am

Rob wrote:how worried are you the useful girl in your team will leave altogether, nevermind the Mat Leave?

Are the useless people on your team just shit in general, or shit compared to her? Like if she left, would you imagine her replacement would probably still be better than them?

Would she slot into your role should you leave?
There are only 2 others on our "side" of the team. One is borderline retarded. The other is very, very new and has such a heavy italian accent, that even the Italian on the other side can't understand him half the time. I get about 10% when he's speaking English.

But the Polish one is really fed up. And has funnily enough applied for a role in the same team as I am considering moving to. I think she has cooled on the idea of moving judging from a chat I had with her on Friday. But I wasn't 100% convinced.

Personally, I think she'd probably do a better job that me, if she was given the opportunity, but the weasel department head has no faith in her at all. Hence her frustration.

shivo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am

It's also worth noting that maternity leave would be 1 year!

shivo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:58 am

On a lighter note here is a excerpt from a CV I just got:

Eucrid

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Instagram :lol:

maradara

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:07 pm

i like watching youtube videos

eventSecurity

Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Take the new job shivo, look at it long term

maradara

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:12 am

what sort of guarantees do you hvae to move closer to the officer position if you stay? you could ask for a timeline

dont really know alot about what you do, but if they really wanted you to stay, you could demand a new team and a change in the processes that are frustrating you and the promotion in sep in writing (depends what type of place you work for whether this 'in writing' would really matter). even a route around the dept heads that are wrecking your head

if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world to take a step back or sideways. i did it at some point and found myself much happier in the new place and role

shivo

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 am

There's no timeline for the next officer promotion, it all depends on a multitude of things. A mate who started the same month as I did (at entry level) got it about 5 years ago. But he's a superstar. A girl that sits near me, is pretty decent at here job, but still not there after 18 years.

But... things have changed a lot in the last 24hours.

Got talking to a guy near me who's in a similar position. He was denied a the grade promotion I'm looking at because he wasn't at the necessary officer lever to get that grade at the time, so they brought someone else in.
This is such bullshit for two reasons.
1) They promoted someone else to that grade in December, before they promoted him to that officer level in March.
2) He should have been at the necessary officer level but his manager missed the deadline to apply and they cycle is only once a year. So he only got that officer level in March 17 and not March 16.
(Not sure how he didn't quite and torch the place)

So that was my mind 100% made up yesterday that I was moving.

Then I come in to the office this morning to the news that the guy who offered me the job has resigned. And at his level, he was walked out of the building and put on gardening leave!
I'm not totally screwed, but it means I'll have to interview for the job on Friday with the other manager in that group.

JC!

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:26 am

ouch - well hopefully it goes well for you! best of luck!

I got pulled aside by someone in another team yesterday, who I don't really know at all. Said he wouldn't say it to anyone, but he heard from a partner at my old firm (who he bumped into at some party at the weekend) that I was out in the market.. considering I've not spoken to anyone at that level yet, surprising to hear that.

Dublin is too small a city...

shivo

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:11 am

Absolutely smoked that interview.
Don't think it could have possibly gone better.

Eucrid

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:49 am

JC! wrote:ouch - well hopefully it goes well for you! best of luck!

I got pulled aside by someone in another team yesterday, who I don't really know at all. Said he wouldn't say it to anyone, but he heard from a partner at my old firm (who he bumped into at some party at the weekend) that I was out in the market.. considering I've not spoken to anyone at that level yet, surprising to hear that.

Dublin is too small a city...
Not the worst thing though is it? Now if they want to keep you they'll probably offer you something.

JC!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 pm

they don't want to keep me that badly :lol:

in fact, I'd say i'll be replaced with someone cheaper

shivo

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Got (re-)offered the job.

Kinda wish I hadn't been quite as honest with my soon to be ex-boss now, as I was also informed that they are moving within the building. My new desk will be 27 steps away from where I am now.

Zook

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am

is it bad that i have a shopping bag purposely standing up on my desk to block the face of the girl sitting next to me cos i cant even look at her.

she twirls her hair around in her hand all day with fuck all to do and gets paid twice my wage. fucking infuriates me :x

maradara

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 pm

It's not wrong zook
Build a little fort

Zook

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:12 am

Id fucking love a fort!!

Rob

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:09 am

1st day back after a 2 week holiday, and I'm already spending my day either looking at accommodation for my next holiday or similar for when someone comes to visit in December

a good look for anyone who walks by my desk

also still jetlagged to bits, so doing the bare minimum

JC!

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:13 pm

came in on my day off for a 30 minute meeting because something just needed to get done.

firstly, it got postponed by 2 hours (I was notified yesterday) which kinda messed up my plans, but whatever.

it was supposed to be at 2. here I am 15 minutes later still waiting. they know I came in for this.