Film Discussion Thread *NO SPOILERS*

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Eucrid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:38 pm

2nd one is more of the same but with a sonority instead of a frat. Where do those Hollywood guys get such out there ideas?

mooch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:49 pm

i'm looking for something to watch tonight.
not too taxing on the brain, easy going

Eucrid

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Do like Christopher Guest? Mascots is on Netflix tonight. Haven't watched it yet but looks good.

Otherwise Central Intelligence is dumb fun. I liked Slow Learners too, not very funny but an easy watch.

snips

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:38 pm

mooch wrote:i'm looking for something to watch tonight.
not too taxing on the brain, easy going
You should check out Grimsby, it does have some genuine laugh at loud moments. Wouldn't recommend it as a great film or anything but if it's something not taxing on the brain that has a few laughs in that you're looking for, hten it should do the trick

Phierstarter

Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:07 am

Westworld is based on a movie. I watched that yesterday, and Ex Machina.

LordPercy

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:10 am

I'm surprised at how few people have seen the original westworld. I'm obvioulsy wrong but I always assumed it's just one of those films people will have seen at some stage.

stateofyouboy

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:16 am

watched tickled, not sure what to say! bizarre

i_ate_cats

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Not too crazy about Mascots, few chuckles I guess.

Ghostbusters is garbage. The interplay between the team is really cringey, especially between McCarthy and Wig. Tried to take it on it's own merit (not easy) and am certain it's complete tripe.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:15 pm

watched Ghostbusters recently, one of the worst movies I've watched in a long long time

stateofyouboy

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:25 pm

fell asleep during ghostbusters and turned mascots off after ten minutes

i_ate_cats

Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:32 am

Swiss Army Man
I wasn't won over by the quirkiness, flatulence or twee soundtrack but I did like the inventiveness on show and I was amazed it managed to stretch the 'Weekend at Bernies/Castaway' thing so far. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

This short would be a reasonable indicator of the humour used (same director, loves orifices)

phpBB [video]

Dick Jones

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:24 am

The Big Short, really liked it. Weirdly reminded me of a roland emmerich disaster film...Steve Carell and the lads being the financial equivalent of Jeff Goldblum, Dennis Quaid, Brosnan etc, running around telling everyone there's going to be an earthquake and nobody believes them.

The fourth wall stuff reminded me of a Michael Winterbottom film (24 Hour Party People and Cock & Bull Story specifically). Didn't like the celebrity cameos though; nice idea but badly executed.

Eucrid

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:39 am

Didn't think Tickled was great at all. Watching the trailer in this thread reveals pretty much everything and the whole documentary just isn't very well made.

snips

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Any recommendations for top quality recent films? Like within the last 2 years. Badly stuck for a decent flick.

Like what film would you describe as being totally class? Without any "it would've been better if's"?

Ex Machina for me.

Phierstarter

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:33 pm

In that case, Her, but you've probably seen it.

snips

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:36 pm

I have but yeh, loved it.

I take it you're aware of the brilliance that is "the room" if so, you should enjoy the amazingness of this vid

phpBB [video]

Phierstarter

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Still haven't watched it.

i_ate_cats

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:24 am

Watched too much Black Mirror on Saturday, needed something less depressing yesterday.

Zootopia, quite impressive, stunning to look at and decent storyline. Above average animation.

Cafe Society. Woody Allen thing with Kirsten Stewart & Jesse Eisenberg... meh

Zook

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:26 am

i_ate_cats wrote:Cafe Society. Woody Allen thing with Kirsten Stewart & Jesse Eisenberg... meh
god i hate everything you mentioned there

stateofyouboy

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:33 am

watched dont breath

v.good