Your first kiss

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:44 pm

dwayne wrote:My mate had his 30th at the weekend, he'd went to college in Dublin so some of his college mates (who were from Dublin) came up to LK. One snotty bitch just said to noone in particular "I just don't understand country people" at one point. Mate of mine asked what she meant, she just replied "oh, I'm from the city". This was just in the taxi on the way to the night club, it's not like anything very culchie had been going on. Think she just needed to get it in there, to blow us away that there was someone in our presence from the BIG CITY of DUBLIN.

Another of the lads from Dublin was incredibly drunk, and got sick in the men's toilets. He had been going around all night making jokes about "the Omagh bombings", which didn't even really make sense?

Anyway, that's off topic but Zook's comment reminded me of it!
:lol: there's a good book to be written about Dublin people saying shite like that to the rest of the country.

Phierstarter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:39 am

maradara wrote:Country yokels, not getting the big city humor
:lol:

Zook

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:21 am

BadTurtle wrote:
dwayne wrote:My mate had his 30th at the weekend, he'd went to college in Dublin so some of his college mates (who were from Dublin) came up to LK. One snotty bitch just said to noone in particular "I just don't understand country people" at one point. Mate of mine asked what she meant, she just replied "oh, I'm from the city". This was just in the taxi on the way to the night club, it's not like anything very culchie had been going on. Think she just needed to get it in there, to blow us away that there was someone in our presence from the BIG CITY of DUBLIN.

Another of the lads from Dublin was incredibly drunk, and got sick in the men's toilets. He had been going around all night making jokes about "the Omagh bombings", which didn't even really make sense?

:lol: there's a good book to be written about Dublin people saying shite like that to the rest of the country.
same to be said for a book about how thick yis get when we're clearly only joking :lol:

Fred__Elliott

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:28 am

:lol:

dwayne

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:28 am

We just don't get your sophisticated humor, like Damo and Ivor

eric the beard
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:31 am

i love living in cities but city people are awful.

culchies are much better craic.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 am

maybe she is a lurker here and was looking in the Donegal Events thread and felt the need to get it out there

eric the beard

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 am

we had a girl from our london office up here recently.

now, bear in mind, our office is in greater manchester. grt Manchester has a population of 2.7 million and spans roughly 493 square miles.

we called her a taxi to take her to the station (a 5 min walk away but she was in heels and 'would have no idea to how to get to it'). the taxi arrived 5 minutes earlier than expected and she, in front of the entire office, proclaimed "HA! WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN LONDON. THE TAXI DRIVER MUST HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO".

ishouldcoco

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 am

Would never happen in London innit. Was she fit?

eric the beard

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:40 am

sloane ranger mate.

i'm betting you would be into that.

Biggy Shackleton

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:43 am

She wouldn't be the first person to land into Donegal, and within 5 minutes think to themselves; "I've made a huge mistake."

ishouldcoco

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 am

eric the beard wrote:sloane ranger mate.

i'm betting you would be into that.
Never heard this term. Posh? Sure if she was fit she was fit, I'm not looking to marry her eric, just a visual appraisal!

eric the beard

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:54 am

yeah, made in chelsea type.

wouldn't be for me coco but she was walking, living and breathing the last time I saw her so i suppose she'd qualify for your wank bank.

ishouldcoco

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:05 am

Eric I have standards! You can add sucking and fucking to that list, I'm no easy catch me mate.

mojo

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am

Zook wrote:
BadTurtle wrote:

same to be said for a book about how thick yis get when we're clearly only joking :lol:
who was getting thick?

classic dub, getting defensive

mojo

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:10 am

dwayne wrote: Another of the lads from Dublin was incredibly drunk, and got sick in the men's toilets. He had been going around all night making jokes about "the Omagh bombings", which didn't even really make sense?
I imagine his train of thought was

Nordie Accents = Nordies = Bombs= Omagh = Haha funny

eric the beard

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:12 am

repulsive.

sadly I've heard all the same jokes over the years, often said to my face. mostly by city-dwelling southerners.

doesn't actually seem to matter that it's actually my home town they're talking about, only seems to add to the fun somewhat.

mojo

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:20 am

I think simple people just connect the first bit of information they have in their brains based on whatever media they may have been exposed to

Zook

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:25 am

who was getting thick?

classic dub, getting defensive
your hatred for dubs is quite sickening

dwayne

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:58 am

eric the beard wrote:repulsive.

sadly I've heard all the same jokes over the years, often said to my face. mostly by city-dwelling southerners.

doesn't actually seem to matter that it's actually my home town they're talking about, only seems to add to the fun somewhat.
I think he thought he was being really clever or edgy or something, but it was just fucking stupid.