The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Fulham might make the playoffs afterall.

1st in the league in Possession, passes, passing accuracy, shots from open play

If we didnt miss like 9 of our 13 penalties and concede several stupid 90+min goals we'd probably have won it outright.

Ah well, bit of excitement maybe anyway!
Rusty Shackleford

Rob wrote:
Eucrid wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Hazard/Kane have had more of an affect on their teams seasons.

I feel that award was almost given to him off the back of last year rather than this. I'm not say he hasnt had a good year.

Sanchez has been a one man team all year too. I'd argue he's been better than Hazard.

was a little surprised Mane pipped him to the team of the year, although it's probably cause Sanchez was classed as a striker

Sanchez not even being in the TOTY is crazy.
Eucrid

Fred__Elliott wrote:Kante wins player of the year. A DM playing as one of two DMs in front of a back 5. what a massive circle jerk

Harsh, Kante has been superb this season and consistently so. His statistics are outstanding. Why not reward his abilities?
thedark

Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Eucrid wrote:
Rob wrote:
Eucrid wrote:

Sanchez has been a one man team all year too. I'd argue he's been better than Hazard.

was a little surprised Mane pipped him to the team of the year, although it's probably cause Sanchez was classed as a striker

Sanchez not even being in the TOTY is crazy.

Sanchez not being in the team of the year is an outrage. Mane is such a strange choice, hes been very good but he was at the African Cup of nations and has been poor over the last month. Kyle walker and Gary Cahill are also undeserving. Cesar Azpilicueta has been Chelseas most outstanding defender all season.
thedark

Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Gary Cahill..... talk about The Long Con.
He should be still playing for Bolton Wanderers. One of footballs great mysteries, how he managed to chisel out the career he has.
Biggy Shackleton

Eucrid wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Hazard/Kane have had more of an affect on their teams seasons.

I feel that award was almost given to him off the back of last year rather than this. I'm not say he hasnt had a good year.

I agree, however I think you're too far down the league. If Utd were in the same position and Zlatan had 10 extra goals I wouldnt nominate him. It should go to a player in the top 2 or someone single handedly keeping their team up from relegation etc
Fred__Elliott

thedark wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Kante wins player of the year. A DM playing as one of two DMs in front of a back 5. what a massive circle jerk

Harsh, Kante has been superb this season and consistently so. His statistics are outstanding. Why not reward his abilities?

For the reasons I outlined, he's playing in front of a back 5 beside another defensive midfielder. He's essentially free to mill about tackling people without having to worry about his positioning. He's brilliant at it, I'll give him that. But how good was he the first 5/6 games of the season before the switch to the back 5?
Fred__Elliott

rafa's back
had forgotten about him
it's hard to hate a man that appears to have been dumped on so often. hope he does well there
maradara

Looks like he's getting dumped on again, reckon it's 50/50 if he'll be in charge next season at all tbh.

Was promised 100% control of all football matters last summer to convince him to stay on after relegation. Wasn't allowed to buy any players in winter transfer window. Ended up finishing 2nd and not winning the league
enemies/friends

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Fulham might make the playoffs afterall.

1st in the league in Possession, passes, passing accuracy, shots from open play

If we didnt miss like 9 of our 13 penalties and concede several stupid 90+min goals we'd probably have won it outright.

Ah well, bit of excitement maybe anyway!

Well fucked our chance anyway
eventSecurity

It's funny looking at huddersfield and Readings GD being +3 and +1 considering they're sitting in 3rd and 4th. So fair play to Fulham with +27
Rob

I suspect they're not the only clubs involved.

http://www.the42.ie/newcastle-and-west-ham-raided-3358766-Apr2017/
Lumbo

So that's why they bought all those shitty French players
enemies/friends

Pogba out for tomorrow

We'll essentially be relying on last season's team + Bailly to do the job

Cant see him starting Mhki
Fred__Elliott

Didnt realise Utd's goal difference was only 2 behind City and Liverpool. Hadn't included it as a possible factor in deciding final places because we've scored so little this year.
Fred__Elliott

ffs
just cant understand why he kept pogba on

was watching the goal difference over the last couple of weeks and thought it would be close enough if we win the games in hand. especially if liverpool's goes the other way
maradara

really excited about tonights game. United win and it's a proper scramble. City win and it's a race with United and Liverpool, with Arsenal still in decent shape

Then the treat of Spurs Arsenal, Arsenal United, Spurs United to come (and Liverpool probably to stumble again somewhere)
Rob

Hope Fellaini is banned for the rest of the season. Last act in a Utd shirt the scumbag/idiot
Fred__Elliott

considering you're shy on players at the minute, it'll just force the pattern the team is rotated for Europa.
Rob

We have players, good guys, the best guys. Listen, smarter guys than me will tell you how good are other players are. And I am a smart guy.
Fred__Elliott

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic