The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Biggy Shackleton

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:13 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:Hope Fellaini is banned for the rest of the season. Last act in a Utd shirt the scumbag/idiot
He was having a decent game up to that point. And i don't think he cost us anything. We weren't exactly going to open up in the last in the last 10 minutes even if we had 11.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 am

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Hope Fellaini is banned for the rest of the season. Last act in a Utd shirt the scumbag/idiot
He was having a decent game up to that point. And i don't think he cost us anything. We weren't exactly going to open up in the last in the last 10 minutes even if we had 11.
decent in what way?

He could have put Rashford in 1 v 1 with the keeper at least twice and couldnt even find him with the pass. If you mean he was a good out ball to beat the City press then yeah he was good, but thats all he was good for

maradara

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:19 am

He lost the head completely. There would still have been a chance of 2 in the game ,but he hardly cost us victory .
No one looked to play rashford in during the second half. Very frustrating. Never seem Valencia hoof ball as much in one game. Was great to see martial running at people, but he kept losing it

Fred__Elliott

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 am

I think Martial's head went a bit, he had great success early on and then got booted out of it by Zabaleta and Kompany, but didnt get a whiff of a free kick from Atkinson. He didn't seem up for it after that. Thought Mhkytaryan was poor throughout, trying to take extra touches outside our box or on the halfway line when he was surrounded by 3 or 4 players. Herrera wasn't calm on the ball at all and was just hoofing it as well.

Haven't seen any mention of how cynical City were last night.

Biggy Shackleton

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:I think Martial's head went a bit, he had great success early on and then got booted out of it by Zabaleta and Kompany, but didnt get a whiff of a free kick from Atkinson. He didn't seem up for it after that. Thought Mhkytaryan was poor throughout, trying to take extra touches outside our box or on the halfway line when he was surrounded by 3 or 4 players. Herrera wasn't calm on the ball at all and was just hoofing it as well.

Haven't seen any mention of how cynical City were last night.
Atkinson could have booked Fernandinho two or three times, by the midway point in the 1st half and didn't. And Otamendi for a blatant one on Rashford stopping a breakaway. I like Atkinson, he lets games flow, but he's got to put in reducers of his own once or twice early in games of bigger magnitude.

I thought Fellaini was good in the limited way Fellaini is only ever asked to be good.
I groan whenever i see him start, but more so come on, because whenever he comes on, ambition to score more comes off.
But he always meets his brief.

maradara

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:58 pm

goal-a-rama today

Rusty Shackleford

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:59 pm

Fulham in the playoffs! Woohoo

(barring a 13 goal turnaround)

maradara

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:22 pm

congrats rusty
have to say i have no idea what's happening in the championship this season

sunderland down. last min penalty save from hull

Shatners Bassoon

Mon May 08, 2017 11:53 am

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday.

Thought United were very poor. Whatever about resting players, I was surprised they didn't have more of a go given the Liverpool result.

Would love it if Jose botched the Europa League now. He's been in particularly irritating form this season. Quite apart from the usual siege mentality bullshit his willingness to publicly throw players under a bus is pathetic. Take away the titles and what would previously have been lauded as managerial genius just comes across as him being an absolute cunt.

maradara

Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm

if rooney had of squared for mata i think we would have held on for the win
aside from that we showed no real ambition to win it. there was a corner taken in the second half where rooney was the only utd player in the box. smalling still jogging up
it still would have been a stretch for us with a trip to white heart lane on the cards and the state of the squad, but that's it for the league this year
Shatners Bassoon wrote:Take away the titles
that's a strange thing to say, although i can't imagine many teams putting up with him for long without any silverware.

Shatners Bassoon

Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 pm

maradara wrote: that's a strange thing to say, although i can't imagine many teams putting up with him for long without any silverware.
This is what I mean. There's not a whole lot to like about him if he's not delivering.

Whether the league cup and Europa League is delivering is another matter...

maradara

Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 pm

it'll do for now, if we win it that is. if we don't and have another season without cl, then it's a big failure

he'll be given time though. took pogba a while to settle back in. injuries have destroyed us, and we wasted a few months with rooney still in the team. he's shaping the team the way he wants (however ugly that is) and with a few more players, next year will be our year.......

enemies/friends

Mon May 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Newcastle somehow won the Championship, 7 points behind or something with 3 games left and Brighton only got one point to Newcastle's 9.

Worse for Brighton they conceded a 90th minute equaliser to 10 man Villa on a 20 yard shot that went straight through the keeper's arms to lose the title.

Biggy Shackleton

Mon May 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Shatners Bassoon wrote: Would love it if Jose botched the Europa League now. He's been in particularly irritating form this season. Quite apart from the usual siege mentality bullshit his willingness to publicly throw players under a bus is pathetic. Take away the titles and what would previously have been lauded as managerial genius just comes across as him being an absolute cunt.
With the expection of blowing it in the UEFA cup, couldnt agree more. I've wanted to see Utd win that for years now, so as much as i loathe the cunt, i can live with it. Not least because its been fun watching him have to learn how to suck eggs, after the piss he's taken on the competition in seasons past.

The constant testing of players has become really fucking worrying too. Good players; Martial, Shaw, De Gea...
More annoying though is this bullshit he keep churning out about fixtures pile up, and not having the players to cope, and how we're down to the bare bones of our half a billion squad for the visit of the mighty Swansea.
Whether the league cup and Europa League is delivering is another matter...
Ah it definitely is.... by anyones measure, and Utd are back in the peleton now.
Fergie levels of success are non-sustainable.

Fred__Elliott

Mon May 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Win the Europa and we'll have had a more successful season than everyone else in the league bar Chelsea, only because it brings CL football. He needs to radically adapt the approach in away matches against the other big clubs though. Can't see Griezmann wanting to play as a wingback for 6 games next year. He seems to have convinced everyone that the result at Chelsea would be the norm if we didnt shut up shop.

If we do qualify for the CL we'll prob be in pot 2 or 3 and will get hockied anyway

Eucrid

Mon May 08, 2017 4:13 pm

The Europa league is a funny competition. Winning it is a big deal but anything less is nothing at all.

It was no surprise to see Mourinho play so negatively yesterday, its the way he always plays against Arsenal. Its a system that requires you to take your chances though and Rooney missed a load (against Arsenal thats unheard of for him, he's done). Think the Arsenal players really wanted to win once they got ahead too, really worked for it even at 2 up.

Rusty Shackleford

Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 am

Is there such a thing as a 1 week or 1 day pass for Sky Sports? My Dreambox has lost SS2 which is typically where the play offs are on

Eucrid

Tue May 09, 2017 8:44 am

My Zgemma is losing Sky Sports stations too, apparently needs some sort of update. I need to ring the guy who installed it.

LordPercy

Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Is there such a thing as a 1 week or 1 day pass for Sky Sports? My Dreambox has lost SS2 which is typically where the play offs are on
There is but I cant think of it at the moment, is it Now TV? I see it mentioned on motorsports forums where people pay for it on the weekends the F1 is on maybe £10 a day or something

Edit: £6.99 for the day
http://www.skysports.com/nowtv?DCMP=ilc ... opdownlink
Last edited by LordPercy on Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

maradara

Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am

i think they did it for early season games before