The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Moaning about what? That he was going to go to Atletico till their ban? that tells you the level he is at. With the amount of work Lacazette gets through, if yous can keep hold of Sanchez you'll have a very potent and mobile front line, which isnt reliant on Sanchez and takes pressure off him

provided of course Lacazette is amongst the goals
Fred__Elliott

Moaning he's not good enough. They're largely football hipsters though who will always complain a out a known quantity like Lacazette. Some of them are just deluded who think Arsenal have the choice of every striker in the world.

Looks like we are getting Mahrez too. If we could keep Ozil and more importantly Sanchez we could actually be dangerous next season. Probably just signing players early to ease the blow of Alexis leaving though.
Eucrid

Dont think anyone is really interested in Ozil with the wages he's looking for are they?

Heard on the way in to work that Rooney to Everton is a donedeal???? Have not seen mention of it anywhere. Heres hoping though *crosses fingers*
Fred__Elliott

I thought Everton fans hated Rooney? Supposedly they're in for Giroud too, he'd be much better for them.
Eucrid

Think its mellowed a bit in recent years, he regularly brings his kids to Everton games so it couldnt be that bad

They want Rooney for number 10 role, free transfer and they will pay him 250k a week :lol:

still wont be worst transfer of summer if we sign Matic for £40m
Fred__Elliott

Tensions with Rooney and the fans softened in the last few years. I think after Moyes sued him there was a concerted effort on Rooney's part to appease Everton fans. He also played in Duncan Ferguson's testimonial which went a long way to getting the ball rolling for a return.

I don't know why Everton are trying to bring him back. With the shirt deal Everton are locked into they won't benefit financially from that aspect and there are enough senior players (Jagielka, Barry, Baines, Williams) already in the squad to look after the development of the younger players. Maybe Koeman thinks he can still do a job.

Rooneys 31 and is free. Giroud is 30 and will cost €20m. I'd prefer Giroud (I think he's a perfect player for Koeman's system) but even at €250grand a week, Rooney could be better value*

*haven't done the maths.
Lumbo

id take giroud for 50m over a free rooney
stateofyouboy

ah now, Rooney has been played out of position for years by 5 managers. If he is moved to his favoured central striking position, he is guaranteed to get you at least 25 goals a season
Fred__Elliott

sorry that should read 2 to 5 goals a season
Fred__Elliott

Eucrid wrote:Moaning he's not good enough. They're largely football hipsters though who will always complain a out a known quantity like Lacazette. Some of them are just deluded who think Arsenal have the choice of every striker in the world.

Looks like we are getting Mahrez too. If we could keep Ozil and more importantly Sanchez we could actually be dangerous next season. Probably just signing players early to ease the blow of Alexis leaving though.

I think all of our transfers dealings will be coloured by what happens with Sanchez. I really like the look of Lacazette. Watched a clip of all his Lyon goals and his finishing is at least as varied as the likes of Kane.

I like us to keep Sanchez for the season regardless of his intentions. I'd rather watch him for another year than sell him abroad. Selling to City / Chelsea would be madness imo.
Shatners Bassoon

Aye, another van persie. goes there, wins them the league, validates everyone's opinion that we're happy to settle for second best. Should tell him its abroad or wait out season
stateofyouboy

Sanchez to City could really unsettle their squad though. Someone is going to lose out of Jesus/Aguero/KdB/Silva/Silva/Sane/Sterling as Sanchez is better then them all
Fred__Elliott

Eucrid wrote:I've seen a lot of moaning but I think its a good signing. Since van Persie went we haven't signed anyone close to Lacazettes level.

Sanchez??
eventSecurity

as a striker I think he means
Fred__Elliott

Danny Welbeck.

Ye don't love him enough.
Biggy Shackleton

United agree a fee for Lukaku
Lumbo

Lumbo wrote:United agree a fee for Lukaku

is that true? I saw it on twitter this morning, looked like a clickbait

Raiola again.

Also, I see Lukaku is on hols with Pogba, he must be having a word
Fred__Elliott

Bizarre summer
Fred__Elliott

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Lumbo wrote:United agree a fee for Lukaku

is that true? I saw it on twitter this morning, looked like a clickbait

Raiola again.

Also, I see Lukaku is on hols with Pogba, he must be having a word

Most of the genuine Everton sites are saying its done.

You're welcome to Raiola, he's done nothing but unsettle Lukaku from the start. Unfortunately, Strettford will be coming back with Rooney.

Pogba and Lukaka have been mates for the last few years. Always away on holiday together.
Lumbo

£75m is great business for Everton. Lukaku is a much better buy for that money than Morata though so I think United have done well here too.
Eucrid

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic