The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
maradara

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:25 pm

phew. didnt look like we were gonna put them away
pogba frustrated the life out of me. Mkhitaryan looked fantastic when he came on. close control. took people on. just shoudlnt' have taken a touch when his chance came his way
jose time

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:40 am

Fellaini is out injured apparently. Wonder would Jose go very attacking and put Mkhitaryan in instead. Otherwise Martial will probably make way, still struggling to make an impact.

maradara

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:41 pm

End of the city game is like you're last 10 mins of 5 a side. Walking pace and no one seems interested

Fred__Elliott

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:12 am

An Aguero ban for the derby would be joyous

ishouldcoco

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 am

I'd say it's guaranteed unfortunately. Dumbass!

maradara

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:50 am

i didn't think it was that bad when i seen it this morning, probably because the elbow came up from under the arm of reed and didn't catch him cleanly

Biggy Shackleton

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:54 am

Cameron Borthwick Jackson sent out on loan to Wolves.
Andreas Pereira sent out on loan to Granada.
Tyler Blackett sold altogether to Reading.

Adnans Januzaj.
Donald Love.
Paddy NcNair.
Sweinsteiger.

Still only August.

maradara

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:Cameron Borthwick Jackson sent out on loan to Wolves.

Adnans Januzaj.
Donald Love.
Paddy NcNair.
Sweinsteiger.

Still only August.
i think you started off trying to make a point about youth, and then ended in Sweinsteiger once your hatred caught up with you

won't somebody please think of the children?

Fred__Elliott

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Adnans Januzaj.
Donald Love.
Paddy NcNair.
Sweinsteiger.

Still only August.
tell us exactly what you would like Jose to do Biggy

wretch

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:25 pm

what would biggy do?

phpBB [video]

Biggy Shackleton

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:

Adnans Januzaj.
Donald Love.
Paddy NcNair.
Sweinsteiger.

Still only August.
tell us exactly what you would like Jose to do Biggy
Resign.

Biggy Shackleton

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:46 pm

maradara wrote:

Adnans Januzaj.
Donald Love.
Paddy NcNair.
Sweinsteiger.

Still only August.
i think you started off trying to make a point about youth, and then ended in Sweinsteiger once your hatred caught up with you

won't somebody please think of the children?
As the list grows longer, I'll start categorising.

Youth:

Cuntism:

Having said that, Sweinsteiger needed to go at Christmas last season. I don't really have any complaints there, other than the the way he was treated, forcing him to train with the kids is just cuntism. Champions League Winner, World Cup Winner. Seems like a good guy, he's just not up to it anymore and shouldn't have been signed.

Fred__Elliott

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Januzaj, CBJ and Peirrera potentially have futures at the club they just needed game time

Peirrera wanted to go on loan last year and LvG kept him then played him once in 2016. He needed a loan. as did Januzaj.

McNair, Love and Blackett aren't good enough, simple as

Biggy Shackleton

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:Januzaj, CBJ and Peirrera potentially have futures at the club they just needed game time

Peirrera wanted to go on loan last year and LvG kept him then played him once in 2016. He needed a loan. as did Januzaj.

I don't & won't miss Januzaj, he had enough time and chances. Best of luck to him, but he should look for a permanent move, he's not good enough for United.

I don't know what you're basing NcNair and Love being not good enough on though. Love only featured briefly, but i thought he actually looked excellent in the couple of chances he had. McNair did himself a huge amount of credit in the opportunities he had too. Neither let the side down.

Blackett probably isn't good enough, but its not the point. Its a clearout at youth level, and loans count. there's mid level dross that needs to be cleared out, not kids. Chelsea has 23 lads out on loan last year. Borthwick Jackson could be looking at a Nathan Ake style ostrasization there.

I'd have much rathered if Mourinho sold Phil Jones, and made a path to the first team a little easier for someone like McNair or Fosu Mensah. And similarly, someone like Rojo for Borthwick-Jackson.

Fred__Elliott

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Januzaj, CBJ and Peirrera potentially have futures at the club they just needed game time

I don't & won't miss Januzaj, he had enough time and chances. Best of luck to him, but he should look for a permanent move, he's not good enough for United.

I don't know what you're basing NcNair and Love being not good enough on though. Love only featured briefly, but i thought he actually looked excellent in the couple of chances he had. McNair did himself a huge amount of credit in the opportunities he had too. Neither let the side down.

Blackett probably isn't good enough, but its not the point. Its a clearout at youth level, and loans count. there's mid level dross that needs to be cleared out, not kids. Chelsea has 23 lads out on loan last year. Borthwick Jackson could be looking at a Nathan Ake style ostrasization there.

I'd have much rathered if Mourinho sold Phil Jones, and made a path to the first team a little easier for someone like McNair or Fosu Mensah. And similarly, someone like Rojo for Borthwick-Jackson.
judge him next summer rather than after 3 games. He's still trying to get a first 11 embedded after which he can try and introduce players. I would rather the likes of CBJ and Peirrera got actual game time than playing once every 3 weeks and mourinho get lauded for adhering to the clubs youth policy. I dont see Love, McNair or Blackett as losses or a clear out at youth level at all

bartleby

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Arsenal loaning out Chambers. So he gets a load of stick about the crisis in defence, sorts it by signing a defender, then lets one of the defenders he has leave, bringing it right back to crisis level.

Lumbo

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:04 pm

bartleby wrote:Arsenal loaning out Chambers. So he gets a load of stick about the crisis in defence, sorts it by signing a defender, then lets one of the defenders he has leave, bringing it right back to crisis level.

Shatners Bassoon

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

We're not at crisis level tbf. We have Holding, Koscielny and now Mustafi available and Mertesacker and Gabriel to come back.

A loan is exactly what Chambers needs.

bartleby

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:50 pm

Mertesacker is gone for a few months at least, Gabriel the same i think (could well be wrong about that one), Holding shouldnt really be near the first team, and isnt Chambers yer back up RB too?

Shatners Bassoon

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:54 pm

That honour goes to Eucrid's favourite player - Debuchy. Mustafi can do a job there too.

Who has 6 centre backs in fairness? Holding has looked really good so far and he's already higher up the pecking order so there's no point in Chambers sticking around.

The real issue was the fact that we had to play both Chambers and Holding against Liverpool.