Page 19 of 22

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:45 pm
by eric the beard
oh really.

the internet is probably the best solution in that case (as always).

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:09 pm
by Mr.K
I haven't even been able to unfold the posters from the Air boxset. They are HUGE. Going to have to try online so.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:31 pm
by Eucrid
Really big frames are mad expensive. I got a big pixel art print by eboy, think 4 sideways posters in size, had fover the frame made, cost over €100 to frame.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 am
by Rusty Shackleford
Eucrid wrote:Really big frames are mad expensive. I got a big pixel art print by eboy, think 4 sideways posters in size, had fover the frame made, cost over €100 to frame.
Is that like eBay for paedophiles?

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:35 am
by shivo
Frames can be brutally expensive here. Cheapest quote I got here was EUR190.00 for a simple A1 frame because it had to be custom made (They don't do A1/2/3/4 sizes over here, they're all 90x60cm / 100x70cm etc.).

Drove 40 mins to Germany and got it for EUR80.00. Still very steep, I thought.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 am
by mojo
Was it an A1 picture of yourself you got framed?

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:47 am
by shivo
I'm not a weirdo. It wasn't just me.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 am
by mojo
you and your cat

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 am
by LordPercy
When you got iy did you tell him in your best Dub accent, Jaysis that's A1

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 am
by shivo
He got confused as to why I called him Sharon.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 pm
by thedark
Some art.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:10 pm
by eric the beard
just bought this to frame for the office.

Image

there was so much artwork released for this film. it's all pretty good, but i thought this was the pick of the bunch.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:15 pm
by JC!
Pink Moon camping
AirBnb apts for Rome and Venice in September :D

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:16 pm
by Rusty Shackleford
How much is Pink Moon and what do you get for your $$

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:26 pm
by JC!
to be frank, too much and not enough

250 for a double tent. 315 for the tent, sleeping bags and a self inflating double mattress. I've not been into the area before, but i'm guessing the shower and toilet queues are smaller?

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:31 pm
by LordPercy
I think it's been put in beside the boutique camping this year in which case you've proper flushing toilets that are cleaned the whole time so you can go in and relax in the morning to dump your load without fear of vomiting from the smell. I've never used the showers in there though, think you can also buy the wristband to get access the "VIP" area at the side of the main stage. Not sure how much it is but might be worth it. It's got a full bar that stays open late, proper jacks and usually plenty of sitting room if it's pissing rain. Not having access to that area is what I missed most about having the camper van.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:42 pm
by LordPercy
JC! wrote:Pink Moon camping
AirBnb apts for Rome and Venice in September :D
I loved venice, especially in the evenings when the crowds of daytrippers are gone. If you're there for a few days I'd get the vaporetto that goes out to Murano, Burano and Torcello which are smaller islands out in the lagoon and like a slower paced version but just as nice. Torcello is a just a collection of churches and barely inhabited but still worth a visit I thought.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:59 pm
by JC!
LordPercy wrote:I think it's been put in beside the boutique camping this year in which case you've proper flushing toilets that are cleaned the whole time so you can go in and relax in the morning to dump your load without fear of vomiting from the smell. I've never used the showers in there though, think you can also buy the wristband to get access the "VIP" area at the side of the main stage. Not sure how much it is but might be worth it. It's got a full bar that stays open late, proper jacks and usually plenty of sitting room if it's pissing rain. Not having access to that area is what I missed most about having the camper van.
it's an extra 65e a person. on top of pink moon, it's pretty pricey.

i've used the showers in the main camping area and they've been fine other than the queue on the sunday. queue for the wimmins was huge mind.

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:02 pm
by LordPercy
€65 is pretty pricey alright. Don't think I'd pay that much on top of the pink moon fee

Re: The "What I Bought Today" Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:29 pm
by maradara
finally got a bike to start training. first stop, the desert at 5 am

Image

Image