The Video Games Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
I don't know much about it but the watchdogs series seems perfect for you.
Eucrid

Watched a review after posting that. Biggest complaint was that it's hard to get engaged with a happy go lucky idealistic character when the gameplay forces you to sometimes kill people.
Still, looks like a bit of Mr. Robot-like craic.
Phierstarter

phpBB [video]
i_ate_cats

Looking for a fun PS4 game for 2 players (not FIFA) that I can play with the nephews over Christmas.

Hearing good things about Rocket League, any suggestions?
i_ate_cats

The Lego games a re good craic. Lego Marvel if they like the Marvel stuff
bartleby

bartleby wrote:The Lego games a re good craic. Lego Marvel if they like the Marvel stuff

Lego Marvel > Lego Batman 3 > Lego Marvel Avengers in that order.
fatguy2k1

They have Lego Marvel already I think, they ran rings around me with it last year.

Need something with basic mechanics that can be learned quickly.
i_ate_cats

Ratchet and Clank
Eucrid

Eucrid wrote:Ratchet and Clank

Nice one, forgotten bout that.
i_ate_cats

Firewatch
Nice bit of storytelling, up to day 77 or something, reckon the end isn't too far away. Great dialogue.
i_ate_cats

Search function on the App Store crashing due to Super Mario Run

Should be the perfect game to play during my last week of work
Rob

i_ate_cats wrote:
stateofyouboy wrote:
i_ate_cats wrote:Started playing Witcher 3 last night. Didn't bother leveling up before trying to take on my first quest, got my ass handed to me by a ghost.

Do I need to learn how to play Gwent to get ahead in the game? Not sure I'm into card games.

You dont have to play gwent at all but id highly recommend it, its a lot easier than it looks initially and incredibly addictive when you get the hang of it. buy/win cards off everyone possible

take your time at the start, do everything you can to level up, after first few quests and you'r e a bit stronger you can start to pick and choose what you do

Grand... spent a little time wandering around, things are on the up already. Hope I get used to the menu (inventory etc.) system and some of more convoluted ideas around levelling, it's almost a deal breaker. Maybe I'm not a big RPG head!

I didn't bother making weapons, potions etc unless a quest required it, your stuff gets leveled up through quests without having to bother yourself
stateofyouboy

The Mini NES is good craic, but how the fuck did i beat these games when I was 5? I am totally shite at every one of them as an adult
Rusty Shackleford

got Battlefield 1 at xmas. Only fired it up yesterday but it looks aight. Am enjoying the setting the maps
Fred__Elliott

Maxed out the Unigine benchmarks on my new PC but im going to start with Half Life 2 anyway.
Phierstarter

My nephew got the Megadrive thing (similar to the NES bundle but with sonic and all the mortal kombats). I got very excited when I saw the games list.

He couldn't give a toss about it.
i_ate_cats

And why should he TBF. If someone had given me pong the year I got a megadrive I wouldn't have given a fuck either.
Eucrid

Depends on the kid. Some kids dig retro games. Two of my other nephews play emulators of consoles that they were not around for first time round.

Not this kid, it's not FIFA or COD, he's not interested. And that's fine. His mother got him the wrong gift.
i_ate_cats

finished off Blood Dragon and it was the best 80's action movie never made. super cheesy and macho. well worth a play. got it on GwG for free. Moving on to Witcher 3 as soon as i can get the telly to myself.
fatguy2k1

Finding Witcher 3 to be a bit demanding, I could do with week (or more) to get into it.

Raided my nephew's ridiculous games library, took Uncharted Collection and Metal Gear Solid.

Making my way through first Uncharted, quite satisfying to play, moves along swiftly.
i_ate_cats

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic