The Video Games Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Dick Jones

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am

Beyond Good & Evil 2 announced. That's excellent news, one of the best PS2 games. Great setting and storyline.

Anyone else a fan?

Would love to see Okami 2; could make strong use of the PS4 touch pad.

bartleby

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 pm

BG&E is minimum 2 years away, and with Ubis love of delays more likely 3

fatguy2k1

Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:26 am

Nice handy schedule of games releases post E3

GAMES RELEASED ON FRIDAY 16 JUNE
ARMS (NS)
MotoGP 17 (XO/PS4/PC)
God Wars: Future Past (PS4/PSV)

GAMES RELEASED ON TUESDAY 20 JUNE
Nex Machina (PS4/PC)*
Dungeon Defenders II (XO/PS4/PC)*
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PS4/PC)
Final Fantasy XIV Online Complete Edition (PS4/PC)

GAMES RELEASED ON FRIDAY 23 JUNE
Micro Machines: World Series (XO/PS4/PC)
Ever Oasis (3DS)
Get Even (XO/PS4/PC)*
Dead By Daylight (XO/PS4)
RPG Maker Fes (3DS)
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PS4)

GAMES RELEASED ON TUESDAY 27 JUNE
Elite: Dangerous Legendary Edition (XO/PS4)
The Golf Club 2 (XO/PS4)

GAMES RELEASED ON FRIDAY 30 JUNE
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
Valkyria Revolution (XO/PS4/PSV)
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild – The Master Trials (Wii U/NS)*

GAMES RELEASED ON FRIDAY 7 JULY
Accel World VS Sword Art Online (PS4)

GAMES RELEASED ON TUESDAY 11 JULY

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
Minecraft: Story Mode – Season 2, Episode 1 (XO/PS4/PC/iOS/Android)*

GAMES RELEASED ON FRIDAY 14 JULY
The Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (NS)

OTHER RELEASE DATES:
21 July – Splatoon 2 (NS)
28 July – Hey! Pikmin (3DS)
8 August – LawBreakers (PS4/PC)
15 August – Sonic Mania (XO/PS4/NS/PC)
18 August – Agents Of MAYHEM (XO/PS4/PC)
23 August – Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
29 August – Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
29 August – Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (NS)
29 August – XCOM 2: War Of The Chosen (XO/PS4/PC)
31 August – Life Is Strange: Before The Storm – Episode 1 (XO/PS4/PC)*
5 September – Knack II (PS4)
8 September – Destiny 2 (XO/PS4)
14 September – PES 2018 (360/PS3/XO/PS4/PC)
15 September – Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
19 September – Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite (XO/PS4/PC)
22 September – Project CARS 2 (XO/PS4/PC)
22 September – Pokkén Tournament DX (NS)
29 September – FIFA 18 (360/PS3/XO/PS4/NS/PC)
29 September – Cuphead (XO/PC)*
10 October – Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (XO/PS4/PC)
13 October – The Evil Within 2 (XO/PS4/PC)
17 October – South Park: The Fractured But Whole (XO/PS4/PC)
27 October – Assassin’s Creed Origins (XO/PS4/PC)
27 October – Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (XO/PS4/PC)
27 October – Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
3 November – Call Of Duty: WWII (XO/PS4/PC)
7 November – Xbox One X
7 November – Crackdown 3 (XO/PC)
10 November – Need For Speed Payback (XO/PS4/PC)
10 November – Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4/PC)
17 November – Star Wars: Battlefront II (XO/PS4/PC)
17 November – Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (XO/PS4/PC)
27 February 2018 – Far Cry 5 (XO/PS4/PC)

Dick Jones

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:02 am

Ordered The Witcher 3 off Amazon last night. Fancied a fantasy buzz for the PS4 but didn't want to buy Skyrim a third time.

Rob

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 am

I've yet to watch the 1st conference cause was at Alt J. But just saw McGregors suit. I'm sure it'll be all over social media soon if it wasn't already. Top stuff!!!

bartleby

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 pm

anyone looking for a new game look at Warframe. Its a free to play game but looks like a full on AAA title. no purchases needed if you are happy to grind for stuff. (A lot required like, but the game play is class). really high paced action game, its class

stateofyouboy

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:12 am

watched a stream there, are you fighting other players or bots? im currently addicted to overwatch, just started metal gear solid phantom pain on the side as well

Fred__Elliott

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:34 am

Just Cause 3 is the free PS Plus game this month

fun enough so far

bartleby

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

stateofyouboy wrote:
watched a stream there, are you fighting other players or bots? im currently addicted to overwatch, just started metal gear solid phantom pain on the side as well
Other players only. Its very fast paced.

I gave up on Overwatch. played it for over a year, which is stupidly long for me with the same game. Loved it for a while but it just got too much. Ive never known a player base as mind bogglingly stupid or just plain bad at a game. Lads on level 200/300 and they still dont know the very basics. Its a game thats only really fun when played with proper team work, where no one wants to work as a team. Also hate the balance on some characters/tactics. Some characters are utterly useless and some are so over powered its silly. They also claimed they would balance console and pc separately but that hasnt happened at all except for Torbjorns turret. Just found myself getting angry playing the game instead of enjoying it. When you can get a good game though, I agree its prob the best game out there, its just such a rare occurance these days

Dick Jones

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 pm

I have The Phantom Pain too, looking forward to getting into it soon. Have Deus Ex Mankind Divided in heavy rotation at the moment. Don't think it's as good as Human Revolution so far but I love the series.

Is Final Fantasy XV worth getting anyone? I have a soft spot for FF, always have.

bartleby

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:32 pm

I absolutely loved FFXV. Its very, very different from other FF's though. The combat is really fast paced, less tactical, though you can still be smart with the abilities you use. There was one level at the end that was a complete joke, but theyve since patched it to make it better. Its very much an open world from the start with seamless battles. The bad guy is really good in it.

There are some issues though. The magic system is terrible You wont really understand the story fully unless you watch the prequel called Kingsglaive. Even towards the end the story isnt really delivered very coherently.

Ive heard you can get it for about 30 bucks now, so its well worth it at that price. Loads to do, the combat never got boring for me either and even though they look like a J-Pop boyband, the characters and their interactions are all very well done and well presented.

Dick Jones

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Sound. I see FInal Fantasy XII has been re-released for PS4.

Saw it advertised as The Zodiac Age and assumed it was one of those spin-offs they do, like FF Tactics, Revenant Wings etc. but no it's a re-master. Will definitely get that, XII was ace on PS2.

bartleby

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeah Ive been humming and hawing. I didnt like FFXII at all. hated pretty much everything about it. Didnt like the battle system, most of the characters or the story much.

This Zodiac thing is a change to the battle system. now characters can be assigned jobs and specialize in different things. i think thats better. the original way was too open.

stateofyouboy

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 am

bartleby wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm
stateofyouboy wrote:
Other players only. Its very fast paced.

I gave up on Overwatch. played it for over a year, which is stupidly long for me with the same game. Loved it for a while but it just got too much. Ive never known a player base as mind bogglingly stupid or just plain bad at a game. Lads on level 200/300 and they still dont know the very basics. Its a game thats only really fun when played with proper team work, where no one wants to work as a team. Also hate the balance on some characters/tactics. Some characters are utterly useless and some are so over powered its silly. They also claimed they would balance console and pc separately but that hasnt happened at all except for Torbjorns turret. Just found myself getting angry playing the game instead of enjoying it. When you can get a good game though, I agree its prob the best game out there, its just such a rare occurance these days
I managed to convince my gaming mates to pick it up as well so should be a laugh, theyre probably worse than most randomers you'd end up with but at least they're not trolling etc. great game alright, can see myself clocking huge hours.

Dick Jones

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am

bartleby wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm
Yeah Ive been humming and hawing. I didnt like FFXII at all. hated pretty much everything about it. Didnt like the battle system, most of the characters or the story much.

This Zodiac thing is a change to the battle system. now characters can be assigned jobs and specialize in different things. i think thats better. the original way was too open.
I hope they fixed the camera. I stuck on XII not long ago on the PS2 for a quick go, and remembered that they made the camera control so that left stick actually swings the camera to the left, so like you hit left to look right and right to look left. And you coudn't change it! That was a major blunder.

fatguy2k1

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 am

Playing through Watch Dogs at the moment. it was free with gwg last month. I'd done feck all of the main plot and concentrated on the many, many collectables open to you from the start. I like the privacy intrusions and the QR codes missions, and having fun on a motorbike checking in at the city spots. The main guy is a bit of a pain in the hole :lol:

Trials Fusion is free on gwg at the moment. Same at the other two games, still frustrating in parts but it looks amazing.

Dick Jones

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am

Stuck on Uncharted 2 on a whim last night; got the collection as a freeby when I bought the PS4 but barely touched it. Loads of fun. I rarely play games that don't involve levelling up or grinding in some capacity, so it's actually refreshing to just do a bit of running and jumping and that's it.

I get the impression it's fairly short, is it? I'll have 3 to have a shot of after that, assume it's great too?

That said, not sure why I didn't go with the Final Fantasy XV bundle when I bought the thing, but hey.

i_ate_cats

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Dick Jones wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am
Stuck on Uncharted 2 on a whim last night; got the collection as a freeby when I bought the PS4 but barely touched it. Loads of fun. I rarely play games that don't involve levelling up or grinding in some capacity, so it's actually refreshing to just do a bit of running and jumping and that's it.

I get the impression it's fairly short, is it? I'll have 3 to have a shot of after that, assume it's great too?

Don't remember it being particularly short. It's short in comparison to open world games I guess. 2 was the most satisfying story IMO, 3 was grand, 4 is stunning to look at.

I just got my hands on the new (not a full game/not a DLC) The Lost Legacy, looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Very nearly finished Horizon Zero Dawn, lovely looking game, not the biggest fan of the story.

Phierstarter

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Unreal tournament LAN party in work tomorrow evening but I'm not sure if I can be bothered bringing the PC in with me.

bartleby

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:00 pm

In the new South Park game the more difficult you make the game the darker your skin gets. Genius