The Video Games Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Finished off Doom. They kept trying to force some plot into the game when all you want to do is kill everything on the screen. Great game, much fun to be had with it. when back to mop up some achievements and because it's got defined levels and not open world, you got to load each level :x

Got Instant Indie Hits bundle for €20 on DwG 10 games including: The Swapper, Thomas Was Alone, Hue, Stealth Inc 2, Stikbold, The Swindle, OlliOlli, Nova-111, Action Henk and 10 Second Ninja X. Thomas was Alone is the one I started and it's weirdly wonderful. standard platformer with 8bit graphics but with a golden storyline. i really care about my stupid little blocks.
fatguy2k1

SimCity for android is good craic, but as with all mobile games you get to a point where it's practically impossible to progress without ponying up actual actual cash for in-game funds.
Dick Jones

Bought a second controller with the PS4 on a whim, but have no real need for it. Returned it, and picked up GTA5 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided instead.

Really interested to play GTA in first-person, and I loved Human Revolution on PS3 so DE should be ace too.
Dick Jones

You need 2 PS4 controllers so you can charge one while you use the other one.
Eucrid

I'll survive!
Dick Jones

Eucrid wrote:You need 2 PS4 controllers so you can charge one while you use the other one.

despite having 2 controller, I bought a 2m cable so I didnt have to swap them. One is gathering dust. I'll just use it in a while and it will be all matted and new feeling without all the grease of the current one
Fred__Elliott

Playing the new Resident Evil. Pretty good so far. Anyone who plays this with VR is a fuckin serial killer themselves id say
Rusty Shackleford

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Eucrid wrote:You need 2 PS4 controllers so you can charge one while you use the other one.

despite having 2 controller, I bought a 2m cable so I didnt have to swap them. One is gathering dust. I'll just use it in a while and it will be all matted and new feeling without all the grease of the current one

Nevermind grease the rubber pads on the sticks are coming off mine.

I hate wired controllers now. I've become far too used to the wireless.
Eucrid

Do ye not just charge them when you're not playing lads. What kind of marathon sessions are ye putting in.
Dick Jones

Dick Jones wrote:Do ye not just charge them when you're not playing lads. What kind of marathon sessions are ye putting in.

i use normal batteries on my xbox controller. it's sound and you get about 24 hours of play out of them.
fatguy2k1

Dick Jones wrote:Do ye not just charge them when you're not playing lads. What kind of marathon sessions are ye putting in.

I turn it off when I'm not playing. :|
Eucrid

LOW POWER MODE :sar:
Dick Jones

You're killing the planet. :(
Eucrid

overwatch is 30 in smyths and argos, gonna pick it up today
stateofyouboy

phpBB [video]
Dick Jones

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

Very pretty game, really looking forward to getting into it.
i_ate_cats

overwatch is brilliant btw, convinced a few m8s to get it as well so the squad is back. i can see a few hundred hours going into this
stateofyouboy

Its class alright. It can be sooooooo rage inducing. So many people are completely fucking stupid in how they play and this isnt a game you can go lone wolf at and win.

Ive never bought a remaster of a game I already played but this might tempt me. Shadow of the Colossus in HD. A lot of people didnt play it cos it came right at the tail end of the PS2 era. If you havent then this should defo be on your radar
phpBB [video]
bartleby

Bought it in a charity shop for €1 the other month, hell of a find.

Didn't get past the second monster though. Will get back into it again at some stage.

Does anyone else do that. When I got the PS4 I had no nostalgia for the PS3, had it out of the house the next day. Still have the PS2 and kept my favourite games for it, and stick it on now and again.
Dick Jones

E3 was a bit of a bust this year. didn't see any games that jumped out at me.

anywho finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, much preferred Tomb Raider and though TR was a much longer game. put in about 20 hours to get to 100% on ROTTR. looked great but didn't have anything that wasn't in TR already.

Quantum Break - got about an hour in and then there was a 10 minute movie. didn't know what was going on, for the first bit i just though the graphics were amazing :lol: Got the game for free off a friend so didn't know anything about it but read up on it and looks like there is a good few of those mini movies in it but they add nothing to the game it's self. don't know, didn't get into it at all so i started

Assassin's Creed 3 - god bless games with gold. got a years sub for €35 in december and got another year free of a friend that works in Microsoft so i'm good until december 2018. only came out this month and looks to be a cracker so far. Watch Dogs is out in a few days and will add it to by backlog.
fatguy2k1

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic