The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Yeah I don't think the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were big fans of Robert Oppenheimer either.
Eucrid

Some performance
maradara

Read yesterday that Ugo Ehiogu was sick. Was like... .holy shit, remember that name from the sticker books! He died this morn. Bleak
Rusty Shackleford

Rojo out for months. Balls

Theres a sentence I never thought I'd utter
Fred__Elliott

Spurs should just play in the building site next to WHL next season.
billysexcrime

Enjoyed that game despite the result, it was an unusual kind of Spurs related disappointment.
2 points, 8 games, 1 hero.

The team for ENIC's first game at the helm, a defeat at Derby:
N. Sullivan, S. Clemence, G. Doherty, S. Campbell, L.Young, A. Thelwell, S. Freund , T. Sherwood, L. King, A. Booth, L. Ferdinand
Mexicola

Been waiting so long for us to kill a game by half time and rest players
maradara

I enjoyed that game more than any this year. Delighted.
Eucrid

maradara wrote:Been waiting so long for us to kill a game by half time and rest players

only player i had in mind was pogba, who we left on for 90 and limped off :roll:

good man fat sam. it's all there

if we win the uefa and finish top 4, does that give a cl place back to the league for 5th? i remember a lot of messing about this a few years ago
maradara

Eucrid wrote:I enjoyed that game more than any this year. Delighted.

extra time and disappointment for city. that's all i wanted for thu
maradara

maradara wrote:
maradara wrote:Been waiting so long for us to kill a game by half time and rest players

only player i had in mind was pogba, who we left on for 90 and limped off :roll:

good man fat sam. it's all there

if we win the uefa and finish top 4, does that give a cl place back to the league for 5th? i remember a lot of messing about this a few years ago

no in that case it would just be 4 places. I think the maximum was 5 teams in that a team outside the top 4 won both the CL and Europa

last year a possibility was that united finished 4th, City 5th and won the CL, and Liverpool won the europa, in which case United would lose their place in the CL

great weekend for us, in terms of the match on Thursday. City having to do extra time was a bonus. Hope Pog is just cramp or something
Fred__Elliott

That ending to Clasico
Rob

Kante wins player of the year. A DM playing as one of two DMs in front of a back 5. what a massive circle jerk
Fred__Elliott

Who would you have picked?
eventSecurity

Hazard/Kane have had more of an affect on their teams seasons.

I feel that award was almost given to him off the back of last year rather than this. I'm not say he hasnt had a good year.
Fred__Elliott

It was fucking great. The negativity beforehand was crazy. I know we're in poor form but it's hardly the upset of the season to beat a City side we drew against a few weeks ago. None of the pundits on BT gave us a prayer.

Gabriel, Ox and Holding were all brilliant. The biggest issue I have with this formation is up top. It doesn't suit Giroud and while Welbeck was lively when he came on, he's a fucking donkey with the ball at his feet.

Gonna see if I can get over to the final.
Shatners Bassoon

Fred__Elliott wrote:Hazard/Kane have had more of an affect on their teams seasons.

I feel that award was almost given to him off the back of last year rather than this. I'm not say he hasnt had a good year.

Sanchez has been a one man team all year too. I'd argue he's been better than Hazard.
Eucrid

Shatners Bassoon wrote:

It was fucking great. The negativity beforehand was crazy. I know we're in poor form but it's hardly the upset of the season to beat a City side we drew against a few weeks ago. None of the pundits on BT gave us a prayer.

Gabriel, Ox and Holding were all brilliant. The biggest issue I have with this formation is up top. It doesn't suit Giroud and while Welbeck was lively when he came on, he's a fucking donkey with the ball at his feet.

Gonna see if I can get over to the final.

The pundits are so one dimensional "this back 3 gave away chance after chance against Boro" yeah but Boro crossed the ball constantly, have they not seen Pep before? City are a bit afraid of Arsenal, they showed that in the draw when they should have hammered us.

Bigger problem than Giroud for me, because he'll be dropped if he doesn't get goals, is Ozil who was the only player who really disappointed yesterday. And yeah Welbeck us fucking trash.
Eucrid

Eucrid wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Hazard/Kane have had more of an affect on their teams seasons.

Sanchez has been a one man team all year too. I'd argue he's been better than Hazard.

was a little surprised Mane pipped him to the team of the year, although it's probably cause Sanchez was classed as a striker
Rob

Eucrid wrote:

Fair points actually
eventSecurity

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic