TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
stateofyouboy wrote:wouldnt it be great if everything was just on netflix

Sooner or later I think storage, bandwidth and rights issues will all align to prompt studios to just stream their entire archives from A to Z.

Why would you leave Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie to gather dust in a vault somewhere when it could be out there for everyone to enjoy.
Dick Jones

Fred__Elliott wrote:Anyone watching Big Little Lies?

Threw it on on Sunday afternoon for the gf, didn't think it would be my cup of tea but we've watched all 4 eps. I'm intrigued by it, the cast is great as well

Yeah I've been enjoying it. An episode behind too though. After months of nothing but CW super hero shit suddenly theres a load of good stuff on and I'm struggling to keep up with it.
Eucrid

Dick Jones wrote:
stateofyouboy wrote:wouldnt it be great if everything was just on netflix

Sooner or later I think storage, bandwidth and rights issues will all align to prompt studios to just stream their entire archives from A to Z.

Why would you leave Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie to gather dust in a vault somewhere when it could be out there for everyone to enjoy.

having a CDN on the scale Netflix does is a massive undertaking, its not just the rights issues. As long as the studios can tender for bids to providers with an existing infrastructure it'll keep being split up
Fred__Elliott

In April, there'll be Fargo, Leftovers, Veep, Silicon Valley, better call Saul, archer and fingers crossed Rick and Morty
Rob

Rob wrote:In April, there'll be Fargo, Leftovers, Veep, Silicon Valley, better call Saul, archer and fingers crossed Rick and Morty

Nice. Rick and Morty is something else.

Can't say i was toverly taken with it at the start, but there's an episode about half way through that first season, and its just fucking class. He buries him alternate timeline self in the back yard, and spends the rest of the episode PTSD'd out of it, while Mazzy Star is playing in the background.

Completely sucked in after that.
Biggy Shackleton

yes!
mooch

Review is back this week.
Eucrid

Phierstarter

im addicted to lock up on netflix.. its so so good. theyre all nutcases
Zook

Phierstarter wrote:http://exstreamist.com/82-of-kids-in-netflix-only-homes-have-no-idea-what-commercials-are/

They usually watch youtube as well though and it has plenty of ads.
Eucrid

the walking dead

that was probably the most obvious build up to a characters death since the last war film i watched
mooch

mooch wrote:the walking dead

that was probably the most obvious build up to a characters death since the last war film i watched

Yeah but I don't think you are supposed to be surprised he died, more how he died.
Eucrid

Eucrid wrote:Review is back this week.

Deadly. Woulda went over my head for a few weeks
Rob

Eucrid wrote:

Yeah but I don't think you are supposed to be surprised he died, more how he died.

i know but it was just one cliche after another. it was like a parody
mooch

mooch wrote:
Eucrid wrote:

i know but it was just one cliche after another. it was like a parody

I thought the Richard death was good, didn't matter that we knew it was coming. The Ben death was shit though, "oh you gotta girl now"... dead.
Eucrid

Legion renewed :thumbs:
bartleby

phpBB [video]
Dick Jones

I love Silicon Valley, but that teaser doesn't exactly inspire confidence
Rob

Had 5 episodes of Walking Dead to catch up on and marathoned them at the weekend. I think i deserve a prize.

Best thing about the PS3, watching shite like that in 1.5x speed
Rusty Shackleford

3 parts into OJ made in america. it's brilliant

it's wierd though because you have the real people from 20 years ago, then how they are now, and i'm mixing some with the characters that played them in the people vs oj

too much juice maybe
maradara

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic